2. New Zealand News: New Year border exception for seasonal workers in the horticulture and wine industries, Govt offers Kiwis $1000 bonus to take up horticulture work amid labour shortage, Supermarket inquiry might see rise in cost of fruit and vegetables, Horticulture NZ warns, NZ primary industry launches blockchain consortium, Zespri launches first kiwifruit trial project in China, '1,000 empty Managed Isolation spaces = 1,000 failures', New Zealand horti sector told to expect no foreign workers 'this side of Christmas', First female chair for NZAGA, Avocado exports disrupted, Air NZ awarded more international cargo flights, "Many growers were uncertain on what they could or could not do", Pacific workers to pick fruit in New South Wales, "CTU welcomes living wage for fruit pickers", Growers urged to remain vigilant after Serpentine leafminer detected in Sydney
3. International news: GAIN reports; Global action needed for economic recovery, Canada and UK reach trade agreement, Canada and UK reach trade agreement, EU: Import Promotion Desk supports companies with virtual fairs and B2B meetings, Brexit food shortage fears a reality, Chinese oversight intensified over containers upon discovery of virus transmission, FreshChain leading a pilot traceability project, Effect of Coronavirus on European vegetable sales, World-first investigation raises ethical and policy challenges in using robots in agriculture, Fertilizer Calculator helps growers calculate fertilizer, Covid shakes up global connectivity, Improved profitability for Maersk, Reefer containers unable to be offloaded in Tianjin Xingang, Waste tolerance blocks tech advances in logistics, EU fruit and veg producers back Farm to Fork, Royal FloraHolland Corona crisis: country updates, Union Fleurs in BBC Documentary: “Made on Earth: Road to Recovery – Flowers”
2. New Zealand News: Revival of Māori Horticulturists; Mike Chapman to step down as HortNZ CE; Innovative America’s Cup technology helps kiwifruit industry with picker shortage; Zespri makes final shipment of NZ season; Mr Apple fruit handing site up for sale; Millions of flowers now sold on live stream auction platform; Florists feel pressure as flower shortage pushes up prices; 'Never a dud': Gisborne growers tout 'perfect' avocados; European potato ‘dumping’ hurting; NZ tomato industry sees growth potential in greenhouse vegetable growing; Step up to management with new Level 6 Diploma in Horticulture Production; Slim pickings - reporting the shortage of labour for fruit and veges; Hawke's Bay growers hopeful after Pick the Bay work expo draws hundreds; Northland berry farm first business to repay Provincial Growth Fund loan; Aussie Govt attempts to pinch Kiwi seasonal workers, offering $2000 to work in Australia; Cut-flower farming grew after few seeds planted; Katikati orchardists see economic benefits of Farm Environment Plans; Opportunity lies in field peas; Speak out and be 'deleted': Suppliers fear supermarket retribution; Envy™ apples to star in this season's "Countdown to Christmas"
3. International news: UK will not require EU fruit and veg imports to be certified, China's increasing focus on food security, Japan to nurture production areas for farm exports; Singapore’s ’30 by 30′ food security strategy; Tesco launches net-zero initiatives; BASF commits to targets for boosting sustainable agriculture; Royal FloraHolland country update; Vegetable brands are missing out on Gen Z consumers; Alzheimer’s- Berries, bananas, garlic, leeks and onions
2.New Zealand News: New Zealand signs Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, Horticulture New Zealand keen to work with new government, Zespri reflects on ten years since Psa discovery in New Zealand, Indian kiwifruit sales hold strong, Kiwifruit growers who lost millions due to PSA take lead in Supreme Court battle against Government, Bay Of Plenty post-harvest facility prepares for stage 4 expansion, Kiwi fruit pickers have simple message as growers cry out for labour – 'pay us more', Kiwifruit industry weighs RSE worker impact, RSE worker shortage will hit cherry harvesting, Added investment in horticulture, Big names back kiwifruit fund, New Zealand fruit and vegetable prices fall as food price growth slows, Statistics reveal Kiwis ate one million more blueberry punnets last season, Kiwis urged to support local strawberry growers this season, All-year round strawberries, How New Zealand's flower industry remained resilient in a time of crisis, Eco-friendly shoes made from pineapple husk for footwear sustainability, New research project will provide insight into kiwifruit disease Psa, National Fruit Fly Council - Phytosanitary Irradiation
3. International news: GAIN reports; Finnish Customs reject produce with excessive pesticides, UK requires imported EU fruit and vegetables be quality certified¸ UK requires imported EU fruit and vegetables be quality certified, FAO's Food Outlook: Developing countries buoy global food trade, Supply chain investments needed in labor-saving technology, report says, Maersk's Asia-Europe ocean-rail boost, China to strengthen supervision of imported cold-chain foods, Carriers levy container imbalance surcharges as scarcity worsens, FDA Releases More Resources for Food Traceability Proposed Rule, Risk-Ranking Model for Food Tracing, Robot and human harvest together, Greenyard launches sustainability report, Sustainable systems the solution, Improving sperm quality with dietary changes, Micro and nanoplastics not absorbed by plant cells, but do attach to the root cap
2. New Zealand News: No major changes for agriculture with new Cabinet line-up; Airlines say NZ government air freight funding needs to continue beyond border opening; New Zealand orange season relatively stable; Lawyer-turned lettuce farmer expanding hydroponics business; Zespri considers partnership with Chinese kiwi growers; Potatoes NZ relieved that MBIE is investigating frozen fries import threat; The Envy new campaign for Spanish fruit; European Jazz crop hits shelves
3.International news: GAIN reports; Freshfel pushes EC on marketing; FDA Enhanced Food Traceability Recordkeeping Rules Proposed; UK food system mapped and quantified in new report; Challenging third quarter for Bayer; Air cargo capacity shrinks; Serbia: Impact of COVID-19 on the agro sectors; Compliance During COVID-19: Assessing Risk in the Supply Chain; The Australian vegetable grower capitalising on blockchain technology to boost business practices; Mastercard Uses Blockchain To Innovate AgTech; FDA Announces Investigations of Two Outbreaks of E. coli O157:H7 Illnesses; Australia: The impact of pesticides on beneficial species; Netherlands: Sustainability with an impact loan from Rabobank; New post-harvest solution extends vase life by up to 25 percent; New GlobalGAP add-on offers more choice to floriculture producers; Supply closely monitored due to increasing measures abroad; Royal FloraHolland reintroduces coronavirus liveblog; Covid-19 lockdown in France deals a blow to Kenya's flower sub-sector; Flowers have same healing effect as Valium"
2. New Zealand News: Zespri welcomes new Fresh Carriers vessel MV Kowhai into its shipping fleet, Council and kiwifruit industry collaborate to control pest plant; Potato growers still chipper, Growers call for regulation change in Horowhenua, Strawberry farm anticipates losing one-third of its crops due to lack of pickers, Let the fruit pickers in, Concerning' times for Nelson Tasman fruit growers as harvest approaches, Fruit-picking jobs going begging: Who is really to blame?, Horticulture work 'really hard' at first, but there's decent money to be made, New Zealanders called up for kiwifruit duty, People Capability Manager ready to promote careers in horticulture, New 5+ A Day Recipe eBook, Scientists are cracking kiwifruit pollination, DOC summary reveals split views , Medicinal cannabis firm Rua Bioscience debuts on NZX , Government assigns $38.5m to plant imports
3.International news: GAIN reports; CAP reforms “insufficient”, 'EU fruit & vegetable sector managed to absorb shock of first Covid-wave thanks to producer organizations', Sydney empty container backlog intensifies due to congestion; Traceability a “game changer” for citrus industry, Asia Briefing looks at China post-Covid, Healthy diet trend on rise, Pandemic ‘sparks rise in demand for green products, AU: New project to help horticultural exporters, Call for comment on irradiation of fruits and vegetables, Predictive analysis: How it is used in the industry to drive business, Mastercard to open up to small farmers in south Indian farm sector, "Transforming UK horticulture sector through use of Hydrogen-as-an-energy-service", Phased enforcement of environmental registration and environmental certification